If you were at NAB 2017, you may have seen Jim Tierney doing a tech demo of this new, intelligent transcription software for Premiere Pro editors. Today, they’ve announced it’s available immediately! This is great news for any editor – or anyone – who’s had to deal with the tedium that is transcription.
So what is Transcriptive? Here’s the gist:
Transcriptive is an automated, intelligent transcription plug-in for Adobe Premiere Pro editors. Specifically designed to automatically transcribe video, Transcriptive uses multiple speech and natural language processing engines to achieve a 95% accuracy rate. This makes Transcriptive an incredibly powerful and cost-effective solution to generate closed captions, sub-titles, metadata for search engine optimization and many other audio-to-text requirements that editors deal with every day.
Here are some of the features of Transcriptive:
- 95% accuracy (depending on which speech engine you use and cleanness of the audio):
- Search clips or sequence to find where on the timeline something was said
- Click anywhere in the transcript and jump immediately to that point on the timeline
- Up to 16 hours of free transcribing per month*:
- Script/audio linking; just import an existing transcript and Transcriptive will sync up the transcript and timecode
- Total integration with Adobe Premiere Pro
- Transcribes 18 different languages
- Batch processes multiple clips at once
- Speaker identification
- Fast, automatic transcription, usually a fraction of time of the video.
- Export as .srt, .stl, .vtt, .xml or to Premiere metadata to be used for in-application search
Jim will be at IBC next week demoing Transcriptive and meeting with press and customers in the Speechmatics booth, Hall 8 #C23. Definitely stop by, say hello and check out Transcriptive.
And if you’re not in Amsterdam, you can check it all out here.